Whether in a beginner clinic or hitting the driving range with family – we love our junior golfers!
It’s so wonderful to see them excited about the game of golf, enjoy themselves, develop skills and learn etiquette.
We were so pleased to be the location for this fantastic and FREE event from the Riverside Optimist Club, in association with the Future Links by Golf Canada – Junior Skills Challenge!
The many children enjoyed the friendly competition and the beautiful day. Congratulations to all the winners and all the participants!
We’d finally like to offer a big thank you to the Riverside Optimist Club and all their hardworking volunteers for choosing Silver Tee and making this event a great success! Check out their Facebook page to see the many family-friendly (and often FREE) events this generous group host throughout the year.
Why do kids love our Junior Golf Clinics?
Well, they are simply “fun”!
The teachers are committed to teaching children the game of golf in an engaging and inspiring manner. From the basics of driving, chipping and putting to etiquette rules – all children receive pressure-free, hands-on and “fun” instruction!
Looking for more information? Or would you like to register your child for the next round of clinics? Call/text Deb Rawlings at: 519-890-9278 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Fun
These clinics are an enjoyable, pressure-free way to learn all the skills necessary for the technical aspects and to enjoy the game of golf. These 4 one hour golf clinics include instruction and balls. The total cost is $80 per child and includes HST.
We are so pleased to be the location for this fantastic and FREE event from the Riverside Optimist Club, in association with the Future Links by Golf Canada – Junior Skills Challenge!
What is the Future Links, driven by Acura Junior Skills Challenge?
- Focused on developing key golf skills of putting, chipping and driving
- An exciting new program with online and interactive components
- Skills are broken up into 4 separate age categories: participants aged 8 and under, 9 to 11, participants aged 12 to 14 and participants aged 15 to 18 – boys and girls divisions
- It includes a National Leaderboard where participants can check their rankings
- Results from official sites will be used as qualifiers for the National Event Final at the end of the golf season
Please bring your junior golfer (girls and boys aged 7 to 18 years) out to Silver Tee at 9am on Saturday, June 22nd to participate in this fun, rewarding and free event.
Thank you to the Riverside Optimists for this fantastic opportunity!
We love our golfers!
Thanks for choosing Silver Tee to help you learn and love the game of golf.
Are you considering involving your children in golf, or perhaps recommitting you and child’s interest in the sport?
The below is excerpt taken from an excellent editorial written by Andrew Wood. Please take the time to read the full article here where he discusses the lifelong friendships and tremendous advantages the sport of golf has provided him.
Please feel free to share this article with anyone interested you may know.
- Anyone Can Play: Golfers come in all shapes and sizes. You don’t have to be particularly strong, tall, lean or fast to succeed. Golf champions come in every shape and size imaginable. It’s never too early to start, and unlike most other sports, you can enjoy golf your entire life!
- Minimal Risk: Unlike many other popular sports like baseball, soccer and football, the chances of injury, especially serious injury, are almost nonexistent; golf is a noncontact sport.
- Safe and Positive Environment: The golf course is a safe place and facilitates mentoring relationships.
- Lifelong Friendships: You never know who you will meet on a golf course, but it’s one of the easiest places in the world to make friends. Success breeds success, and people who play golf are by in large more successful than the average bear. Those are the people you want your kids hanging out with! Best of all, golf creates a unique bond so those friendships can be developed all over the world and last a lifetime!
- Prepare for Business: It’s hard to think about it now, but kids grow up and the people they meet as children can play a huge part in their success later in life. Golf is a sport that helps prepare kids and teens for careers in business and other professional arenas. Even at 12 I was learning about real-life business every day from all the adults I played with.
- Time Spent Outdoors: In today’s world of video games, smart phones and child obesity, it can be hard to drag your son or daughter off the couch. Golf is the perfect excuse to spend an entire day enjoying nature and presents the opportunity to develop healthy, lifelong exercise habits!
- Important Life Lessons: Golf closely parallels real life as one experiences the highs and lows of the game. The range of experience, from birdies to bogeys, rewards a young person’s ability to keep each shot in perspective, manage one’s emotions, maintain a positive outlook and focus on the shot at hand. Golf is a sport that will teach your child integrity, discipline and respect. As they learn to conduct themselves on the golf course, these lessons will translate directly into everyday life. (See http://traitsofchampions.com)
- College Scholarships: Avid golfers have a lot of opportunities when it comes to college funding. The earlier your child starts, the greater his or her chance is of gaining access to scholarship money.
- Spend Time with Family: Golf is a game that encourages family participation. When children are young, they enjoy doing just about anything with you (but it doesn’t long last, so start now). Golf is an opportunity for quality bonding time, and it’s one that can last a lifetime.
- It’s FUN: This should probably be at the top of the list. One of the best reasons to get your son or daughter involved with golf is that they’ll have an absolute blast. They’ll have the chance to learn new skills, both physical and mental, make new friends and discover new opportunities.
If you’re ready to get your kids involved in golf, we have upcoming junior (and adult!) golf clinics starting soon. Please click here for more information.
The first round of learn to golf clinics are underway, here are the details for the upcoming June clinics:
The 2018 Junior Clinics will be a 5-week program. The first four weeks will be on the range and putting green and the last week, golfers will be playing golf on the simulators. This way the juniors will be able to apply the skills they learn on the driving range and the putting green. The cost for the entire 5-week program this year will be $80. This will cover the instruction, golf balls and simulator time. The age limit for our clinics is 6 – 15 years old. We will also be running the CN Future Links Puma Hat program.
Starting Thursday, June 7th @ 6:15pm – 7:15pm
Starting Saturday, June 9th @ 10:30am – 11:30am
Adult Learn to Play Clinics
Our Adult Learn to Play Golf clinics will run throughout the summer. Like last year, the 2018 Clinics will be a 5-week program. The first four weeks will be on the driving range and putting green and the last week, you will be playing golf on the simulators. The cost for the 5-week program this year will be $110. This will cover the instruction, golf balls and simulator time.
Starting Wednesday, June 6th @ 6:15pm – 7:15pm
The class will be limited to 12 golfers. If you are interested in registering for the clinics, please register as soon as possible.