At Silver Tee and Virtual Gaming Centre, it’s easy to commit to improving your golf game. Even practicing your game an extra hour a week will help shave strokes off your score.
Here are some tips:
– Commit to a regular practice schedule. (It’s easy to do at Silver Tee, we have you covered in our sheltered stalls, or work on your game indoors at our Virtual Gaming Centre)
– Focus your practice to one specific area of your golf game. (Remember to check out our putting green, chipping green and sand trap!)
– Analyze your game. Remember that for most golfers saved golf strokes don’t come from hitting big drives. Most unwanted strokes are within 100 yards of the green. (Use our grass tees to work on perfecting your approach shots!)
It’s true that when we golf better, we more we enjoy the game, and isn’t that what we all want? So what are you waiting for? Getting practicing today!
To commit to working on improving your golf, consider purchasing a money-saving driving range membership. Also this summer we’re offering half-priced simulators for indoor golf – you can practice for an hour for about $18.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Fall is the perfect time to work on your golf game. Here’s our top 3 reasons why:
1) Most of the big tournaments have been played, the pressure of competitive golf is winding down. Making changes to your game won’t negatively affect how you play in these important events.
2) If you can work out some of your main golf issues in the fall, you’ll be more confident walking onto the course in the Spring. We all know how important the mental aspect of golf is.
3) The level of your golf game has been established over the summer, so you have a really good idea of what facets of your game needs work. Focus on those areas and create good habits for Spring.
We have a full golf practice facility to work on your entire game! Hope to see you soon, keep swinging!
All golfers want to play better, but often they don’t know where to begin.
When it comes to practice, you’ll benefit by having a plan.
As example, if you play once a week, it’s a great idea to practice for one hour a week. Choose one aspect of your game to work on each time you practice.
It’s not just about bombing a long one with your driver, if your average score is 90, using your driver only accounts for about 16% of the round!
Here are some areas to focus on:
- Approach shots (120 – 200 yards)
- Pitching and chipping
- Sand game
Of course you can work on all aspects of your game at Silver Tee Golf Centre!
If you’re looking to really ramp up your game, consider taking a golf lesson from one of our professional golf teachers. For more information, please call the ProShop at 519-966-4911.
Do you ‘give’ putts? Do you play with golfers who regularly ask for ‘gimmies’?
How about just making those short putts instead? Practice, practice, practice!
Have you seen our series of video golf tips by CPGA Teaching Professional and Inductee of the Windsor Essex Sports Hall of Fame, Joye McAvoy?
Joye offers simple and direct advice to help improve many aspects of your golf game.
Please check out the playlist of available golf video tips.
We’re so pleased to have Joye part of our Silver Tee family! If you really want to take your game to the next level, call the pro-shop to book your lesson with one of our golf pros! 519-966-4911
Putting can amount to about half of your golf score – are you spending the proper amount of time working on that aspect of your game?
Our practice facility has a putting green to help you shave off those short strokes!
Try this: Keep track of your putts for the next two weeks, then spend two weeks allocating half of your practice time to putting and see those strokes disappear.
Be sure to let us know how it worked for you!
Do you hook the ball? CPGA Teaching Professional Joye McAvoy offers some advice on how to avoid this common problem.
It feels awesome to hit a great shot off the tee, but that stroke counts the same as the 2 foot putt you missed!
We all know how frustrating that can be!
Remember to work regularly on your short game – We have a practice putting green to help improve your game!
It’s simple – Play better golf by practising more!
The best way to a lower handicap? Take lessons, practice, and ‘think’ your way round the course.
If you would like to book a lesson, or find out more information, please call our Pro-Shop at 519-966-4911
When it’s windy, focus on hitting the ball solidly.
A solid shot will fly true in a pretty stiff breeze, but a weak shot is hopeless.